IV therapy, sometimes called micronutrient IVs, has become very popular today.
It offers an immediate way to improve your health, boost your energy, and even treat chronic conditions.
However, many people are unsure what this therapy is or how IV nutrition works.
In this post, we’ll explore what you need to know to make an informed decision that supports optimal health outcomes.
What Is IV Nutrition?
IV nutrition is precisely what it sounds like – essential vitamins and micronutrients delivered straight to your bloodstream via an intravenous drip. Your body is designed to absorb vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients from your foods.
The problem is that stomach acid destroys most of the nutrients in foods, plus the Standard American Diet (SAD) leaves more than a little to be desired when it comes to nutrition.
IV nutrition offers a way to get around these issues. Because the nutrients are delivered directly to the bloodstream, they are not destroyed by stomach acid or locked up in the digestive system.
They’re available for your body’s immediate use, which can have some pretty profound benefits.
How IV Nutrition Helps Your Body
Nutrition is the foundation of health. If you don’t have good nutrition, your health will suffer. You’ll feel tired and rundown. You’ll struggle with mental cloudiness.
Your immune system will let invaders through. Anxiety will rise.
IV therapy delivers vital micronutrients right to your bloodstream, providing you with some pretty important benefits, including:
- Improved energy
- Improved hydration
- Healthier skin, hair, and nails
- Improved mental clarity
- Improved immune system function
- Improved sleep
- Reduced anxiety, although IV nutrition is not a specific cure same as ketamine treatment for anxiety
- Reduced allergy-related symptoms
- Reduced pain, including from chronic conditions
- Balances hormones
- Eliminates toxins
Note that all vitamins used in IV therapy are water-soluble. This means that they do not build up in your body over time. Any excess that your body cannot use will be excreted in your urine.
Available Vitamin Therapy Drips
At Nepenthe Wellness Center, we offer a wide range of vitamin therapy drips to help you target specific health conditions or achieve important outcomes. Some of our most popular drips include the following:
- Beauty IV Drips – Packed with antioxidants and B-complex vitamins, this drip unleashes your inner glow and transforms your hair, nails, and skin, while boosting energy levels.
- Late Night – Long night out? We’ve got you covered. This IV drip hydrates and replenishes the nutrients you’ve lost while treating your hangover symptoms.
- Immunity Drips – Give your immune system the building blocks it needs to fight off invaders, while also building stronger muscles and bones.
- Myer’s Cocktail Drips – Struggling with stress and anxiety? Dealing with inflammation? This is the IV drip for you.
- Quench Drips – Super hydrating, this IV drip also boosts immune system function and enhances collagen production in the body.
- Trim Drips – This IV weight loss drip gives your body the tools it needs to lose weight and better control blood sugar.
- Alleviate – Designed specifically for that time of the month, this drip boosts blood and cellular health, improves energy, and more.
- Recovery & Performance Drip – This drip helps you burn fat fast while decreasing muscle loss to improve your performance and recovery.
- NAD+ – This drip is specially designed to boost cellular repair, cardiovascular health, and even mental clarity to keep you youthful and healthy.
No One-Size-Fits-All Drips
IV nutrition offers profound benefits. However, there is no such thing as a one-size-fits-all IV nutrition solution. Of course, there are drips that everyone can use for general health gains, such as the Myers drip benefits. But there are advantages to customizing drips for specific conditions.
For instance, consider adding biotin to any IV drip if you’re looking for healthier skin, hair, and nails. Magnesium chloride can be used to customize your drip if you want to feel less stress, or combat bone loss due.
Ascorbic acid is the booster you want if you need to improve collagen production, amplify your immune system, or promote healing. Finally, the B-complex vitamins help you improve whole-body health, boost energy, enhance brain function, and increase cellular metabolism. You can add each of these to any vitamin drip to customize the benefits to fit your specific needs. You can even choose them all.
How Does an IV Drip Work?
Interested in the benefits offered by IV nutrition, but unsure how it all works? We’ll explain everything you need to know.
- Initial Consultation: The first step toward improved health is a personal consultation. We’ll sit down with you, discuss your goals, and make recommendations. Then, based on that consultation, we’ll decide which drip is right for you, as well as which add-ons/boosters you’ll want.
- Preparation: Next, one of our licensed nurses will prepare you for your drip. You’ll have your comfortable recliner, complete with blanket, headphones, and TV with streaming services. Just kick back, relax, and let the nutrients do the work.
- The Insertion: IV therapy relies on a needle inserted into a vein and connected to a drip bag. Your nurse will gently insert the needle and connect you to a monitoring device so that we can keep an eye on your vitals. You’ll probably feel a sensation of cooling as the nutrient solution begins to flow into your vein.
- The Wait: On average, our patients spend between 45 minutes and an hour to complete their IV therapy. During that time, you just need to relax and unwind. Enjoy the streaming services we offer, listen to music, or even meditate.
- Discharge: Once the drip is done, your nurse will remove the IV drip from your arm and will conduct a brief exit interview and assessment. Then you’re free to resume your day feeling more energized, centered, and refreshed.
Experience the Benefits of vitamin IV Therapy for Less
Interested in the benefits of IV therapy, but not quite sure which is right for you? We can help you decide which option to choose, as well as whether you might benefit from any of the add-ons we offer. Our goal is to help you live your best life, free from stress and pain, with more energy, mental clarity, and focus.
We also offer new patients a special discount for their first IV nutrition session. Contact us today to learn more about our discount, as well as our IV therapy options.